In God's ever-so-perfect timing, Abram John Fruge entered the world on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 3:36 pm. He weighed in at 5 lbs, 10 oz and 19 inches long...perfect in every way. Casey and I are completely in love with him!
Being such an obedient child, Abram waited until Wednesday to make his appearance (the day after I took my Step 2) and arrived before Thursday (the day Jill was scheduled to be induced, but praying that she wouldn't have to be). It was exactly a year to the day since I had my D & C after losing our first baby. So God made a day that had previously been the medical endpoint to our much awaited-for first pregnancy (but not anywhere near the emotional endpoint) and transformed it into the medical beginning of our first-born child's earthly life! Oh, how I cried that night (and many other nights) wondering if my arms would ever be able to hold a baby of my own. This year, I cried as I reflected on the amazing look in Abram's face as he looked back at me while he nursed. Yes, indeed, God's timing is perfect.
Casey and I are enjoying all of the wonderful (albeit, challenging and daunting) experiences of parenthood. We thank you for your continued prayers and support, as look forward to the many blessings God has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment