Friday, April 15, 2011

What's New??

Well, it has been a while since I've updated the blog. Life is especially busy these days! I've been on wards (inpatient hospital medicine) for the past two months, so I've been averaging about 2 days off a month (that's right...I'm at the hospital at some point in time every day of the month except two!) In addition, I've been fighting (and thankfully winning now...) the battle with morning sickness. That's right...we are expecting another baby due in October!!!! On top of that, I've had two (count that two) bouts of gastroenteritis in March! My doctor was worried that I lost (not gained) 5 pounds in March, but I've informed him that I'm doing my best, able to eat (and keep down) food again, and will no doubt gain it all back (plus more) in due time. I've felt wonderful the past few weeks, and my call nights haven't been that bad (I've been able to lay down for at least 45 min-1 hour every night...and sometimes more!)

I also found out that I've matched in to Dermatology at LSU...so we will be in Baton Rouge for at least another 4 years (and no more call nights after I finish medicine...yahoo!) I am so very excited about this new career path!

Abram is blossoming into a beautiful, wonderful, lively child! He is saying new words everyday! He even tee-teed in potty for the first time...and finally petted the neighbor's dog for the first time! Milestones are blowing by! I keep reminding myself that life moves so fast, and I try my hardest to soak up every minute of every day that I can.

Well, that's a nutshell of what's going on at our house. I hope that you enjoy that pictures below!

2 comments:

  1. BEST UPDATE EVER! We are so excited about all the blessings in your lives! We cannot wait to catch up with you all and visit this summer. Love you guys! ~Ashley and Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing family. I am so glad that baby Fruge is now cooperating and allowing mommy to feel better. Daddy is such a good and FUN daddy. Abram is learning so many things so quickly--smart little boy.
    Love,
    Gamma (y) and Huck

    ReplyDelete